Globalising Your Ecommerce Business
For many businesses building and operating a global ecommerce retail operation is a key opportunity to expand their business. Watch our panel of eCommerce experts tap into their knowledge for a successful journey to globalization.
Global Ecommerce Explained
Global ecommerce is not a luxury or an easy to implement strategy. In fact, going global is a necessity. Put simply, global ecommerce is selling products or services across international borders from a business’s country of origin. This often means its founding or incorporating location.
Products or services are sold into non-native markets via online sales and marketing. To make go global in ecommerce, extensive planning, research and decision-making go into creating a global ecommerce business that generates new and repeat business worldwide.
The Fashion Network & Ecommerce Club presents ‘Globalising Your Ecommerce Business
There’s a lot to think about from architecture and integration, legal and compliance, customer service, product content, logistics, and fulfillment. Listen to our experts discuss the challenges that come with going global with your business and how to sell internationally with Shopify Plus.
Discussion Topics on Global Ecommerce Include:
- Why go global, the strategic considerations?
- What team do you need in place?
- Managing customs & duties
- Fulfillment & shipping strategies
- Language & cultural differences
- Payments, FX & currency considerations
- 3rd Party Marketplaces
- Tax & legal implications
- Simon Taylor: Non-Executive Director at Foursquare Group
- Robin H. Smith: Co-Founder and CEO at VL OMNI
- Michael Sankey: Tax Technology Solutions Manager – EMEA at Avalara
- Olivia Gates: Tax Technology Solutions Manager – EMEA at Avalara
- Divia Patel Smith: International Trade Adviser at Department for International Trade North West