How to Move From SAP ECC to S/4HANA At Your Own Pace
SAP now has 13,800 S/4 HANA clients, accepting a more permissive timeline and reports a shift in the operational policies of SAP ECC (SAP ERP core component). Before considering making the transition from SAP ERP to S/4HANA, Merchants need to consider a wide variety of aspects. In this blog, we will cover how your business can move from SAP ECC to S/4HANA with agility. Read on!
How should you acknowledge and evaluate S/4HANA?
Before transitioning to S/4HANA, take into consideration the following 7 features:
- Strategy: S/4HANA is the main ERP system for SAP. All perspectives on S/4HANA are essential for the whole SAP plan to work.
- Opportunities: In comparison to ERP, S/4HANA provides several different IT and company opportunities.
- Expend: You might choose to discontinue expenditure in areas of the ERP system not included in S/4HANA or not further established.
- Advancement: S/4HANA users will also get other new SAP technologies usable only.
- Be ready: Plans should be carried out now that you start can the vital route to S/4HANA.
- Assistance: SAP Business Suite 7 service is discontinued (including ERP 6) by 2027 the companies will find out more about the advantages that enterprise and company have by switching to S/4HANA. The improvements in the “smart business” for a technology architect allow these: different interactions with Fiori apps on a smartphone by function. OLAP (Analytics) and OLTP (Transaction Management) on one application are supported storage in the HANA server.
- Smart advancements: digital modeling and artificial intelligence/computer learning are other implementations. HANA provides for a streamlined data system that will allow for other developments, such as,
- Rapid closure of times.
- Data collection and delivery are on-site.
- Simplified low-instance services.
- Industries are a crucial response.
Routes to S/4HANA from SAP ECC
The ECC 6.0 device migration to SAP S/4HANA has three technological routes:
System Conversion: Device migration is a company upgrade that most of the customers choose. The S/4HANA is transformed into an actual ERP program. With the private data center, the companies may run with-house or switch to the cloud with a magnet.
Current deployment: the businesses can opt to install on-site or on the cloud if they choose to reload a web website and execute a modern implementation.
Selective Software transition: the software and technology for selectively converting details and configurations of the old ERP system(s) to the current SAP S/4HANA Example are SAP Information management and Landscape transformation (DMLT). Multiple ERP systems may be combined for a better outcome.
SAP also confirmed the expansion, by the end of 2027, of the standard management of core applications of SAP BS7 (including the ECC), in an attempt to provide greater clarity and trust to its S/4 HANA-reluctant client base. The company also promised to hold S/4HANA until 2040.
Acceleration of Greenfield with Lesser Hazard
The inconclusiveness of S/4HANA Business Situation surveys conducted during the past year. More than half (52%) of participants are in the appraisal process of their S/4HANA relocation, says the SAP survey.
Nonetheless, research undertaken by the SAP User Group in the UK and Ireland indicates that the bulk of BS7 customers (60 percent) do not intend to migrate to S/4HANA in the coming two years.
Most organizations, therefore, expect to switch from SAP ERP ECC to S/4HANA but have taken no concrete moves in this direction. The plurality of the company takes a wait-and-watch attitude, according to an ASUG-survey. The primary explanation for their reluctance to move is the sophistication of SAP S/4HANA migration.
What do the users say about SAP ECC?
Americas ‘ SAP Users ‘ Community (ASUG) has been a strong supporter of businesses ‘ willingness to keep up with the speed of progress for core frameworks like SAP ECC. The other SAP User Groups believe that cost and change management remains the most significant factor why companies will not migrate to S/4HANA. Paul Cooper, the chairman of the User Group, was also recently described that organizations often lack a compelling business case. He explained that the latest EOL extension of SAP would encourage businesses that have engaged in BS7 to do more.
How to move to S/4HANA from SAP ECC
Continue developing a sustainable business scenario well in advance of the shift. It might seem trivial, but some companies do seem to be using a warning. They have to bear the expense of indecisiveness at the last moment, technological debt, the reduction of market share to succeed, and, ultimately, a fast and inadequately resourced relocation project.
To execute the S/4HANA project output, pick the best migration optimization approach. Look for ways to rising market disruptions and switch the whole ERP program and workflows to a modern S/4HANA application. You can also think about other data movements like data integration to make the transition. If you are wondering what the right data movement is for your business, think about your long term goals. Data migration allows you to take existing data from an SAP ECC system and simply move it as is to S/4HANA.
But if you are looking for a solution that is better than custom, then data integration is the best option for you. You have endless options when it comes to changing data as your business grows and expands for the future. Therefore, you can ignore the most prevalent possibility of migrating S/4HANA by first confirming results from system integrators and experts (like VL OMNI).
Author the author:
Eric Smith, Head Of Sale & Marketing in Accely.
Eric Smith is an SAP Technology Consultant with expertise in a wide range of SAP Solutions. With a knack for technology, he loves to write on the latest ERP developments and share his knowledge with the readers.