Microsoft Dynamics AX and Shopify Plus Integration

A few short years ago, Shopify was known as the ecommerce plugin to get small merchants off the ground and running, faster, cheaper, and more effectively.

Today, Shopify is firmly rooted in the upper SMB and Enterprise world with Shopify Plus.Today, it’s not unusual to see a multi-million or billion dollar multichannel merchant running Shopify Plus as their ecommerce platform. But the Shopify Plus roots power much more than just ecommerce — all possible via Shopify Plus’ powerful Partner Program.

Full of vetted partners from all sorts of verticals, the purpose of the Plus Partner Network is to extend the powerful Shopify Plus Platform into more applications, channels, trading partners, and more. Partners like VL OMNI, a top Plus Partner and a Technology Partner since the start of the Plus Partner Program, are key to literally extending the Plus ecosystem well beyond the four walls of ecommerce.

The Shopify Plus merchant community doesn’t fit neatly into a box; they have unique needs, are doing large volumes, want to stay agile, and usually have a pre-existing technology stack that needs to be integrated with Shopify Plus. Fitting your business the way it is instead of forcing you to change processes or applications, VL OMNI is the data integration platform with managed services to ensure your integrations are working at peak performance. 

Integrating Microsoft Dynamics AX to your Shopify Plus Store

It’s no surprise that we see a lot of merchant requests to integrate various ERPs with Shopify Plus, Microsoft Dynamics AX notwithstanding. MS AX, like many ERPs at this level, is not a standard implementation: it’s a platform that can be highly customized both at the core application-level, and through extensions and external components. Layering different versions onto an already complex ERP ecosystem, and those merchants already using MS AX already know that there’s no out-of-the-box or plug-and-play integration solution that works with MS AX, let alone effectively connecting MS AX with Shopify Plus.

Enter VL OMNI: with existing Connectors for both Shopify Plus and Microsoft Dynamics AX in our Connector Library. Each of these Connectors are 80% complete, with the remaining 20% configured to the specific business we’re implementing it for via our consultative and managed service set up. This means that when the integration goes live, everything works perfectly from the get-go. Any errors or customer support requests come to our internal experts; while most VL OMNI merchants have access to the VL OMNI Dashboard, none ever have to use a cumbersome self-service portal that leaves the responsibility of configuring your integrations up to you. 

With VL OMNI, point-to-multipoint, serverless, and bidirectional data integration is our default approach made possible by the cutting-edge technology we’re built on. This means our platform has the ability to move data from a single application to many, we’re able to run workflows in parallel without interference with other processes, and all VL OMNI Connectors can move data both into and out of any particular application. All of this, of course, is true for our MS AX-Shopfiy Plus VL OMNI Connector.

With VL OMNI, merchants can also include discrete business rules via our business rules engine, applied directly to the data as it moves between applications. This means your data is treated exactly how your business needs it to be treated, and cumbersome manual processes become unnecessary. 

VL OMNI provides integrations for merchants that are looking for agile and scalable data flow between their front end Shopify Plus store and there back end solution such as MS AX. With over 25+ years of integration experience covering numerous systems that are often requiring point-to-multipoint and not just a single workflow, merchants that are seeking that next level of integrations can work with VL OMNI to grow their business.

Need Microsoft Dynamics AX Integration?